Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Introductions with Topic Sentences and Main Points

Introductions usually consist of a thesis sentence and the main points that you will be writing about. Well anyway that is how it is in most academic essays. There are occasions though that an introduction won't consist of a thesis statement. The thesis statement will be somewhere within the essay, it could even been the conclusion. I am having to write a papere for my Comp II class and it can't be like an academic essay, which means the introduction can't be a regular one. The introduction can't consist of the topic sentence and the main point. I have to figure out someway to write this paper and have my topic sentence in a different paragraph and not mention in my introduction what my main points are. I am evaluating an article about Twilight and my paper has to be written in a format like an article for a magazine would be written. This is going to take more though and planning than I had thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment